All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Nashua house fire started in ceiling fan, officials say

Staff report
December 16. 2017 8:53PM




NASHUA - A quick response to a fire involving a second-floor ceiling fan limited the damage to a Nashua home early Saturday afternoon.

The first call came in at 1:11 p.m. for a fire at 35 Lund St., a two-story, wood-frame, single-family home.

Fire officials said the blaze started in the ceiling fan of the upstairs bathroom.

Flames extended to the wood joists and the vent hose in the attic, according to Deputy Chief Glen MacDonald.

More damage to the home was done from burning plastic that dripped onto a ceramic tile floor, fire officials said.

Both residents in the home escaped prior to the arrival of first responders.

There were no injuries.

The quick response of the 14 staff who responded on three fire trucks prevented even more significant damage to the house, officials said.

The building did have functioning smoke detectors, fire officials said.


Fires General News Nashua


MOST POPULAR ARTICLES

More Headlines

Manchester mayor backs needle exchange

Aggregation

Drug smuggling spikes at Rockingham County jail