All Sections

Home | Public Safety

Acworth family starts GoFundMe page after fire destroys home

December 16. 2017 8:06PM

ACWORTH - A fire destroyed an Acworth home late Friday night.

First responders struggled for a while to bring the fire at 23 Gove Road under control. The blaze went to a second alarm early Saturday morning.

No injuries were reported.

Members of the Blaisdell family who owned the home started a GoFundMe page Saturday.

"My mother is a stroke victim and is wheelchair-bound and has no mobility. They have lost everything and escaped the fire with hardly anything on their backs," the son posted. "The funds will help to meet the immediate medical needs of my mother as well as the physical needs of clothing, food, and assistance with temporary shelter."

Fires General News Acworth

More Headlines