All Sections

Home | Public Safety

Firefighters knock down wood stove fire in Weare


March 17. 2018 10:46PM
Weare firefighters work to put out a fire in the wall of a Buzzell Road home Saturday morning. (Courtesy)



WEARE - Firefighters quickly extinguished a wood stove fire that had burned into the walls of a home Saturday morning.

One of the three residents at 125 Buzzell Road called 911 at 9:30 a.m. to report a fire in the basement.

After firefighters knocked down that small fire, they found a larger blaze in the wall directly above the basement.

Firefighters were able to prevent the fire from damaging the rest of the home or any furnishings, fire officials said.

Wood stove operation caused the blaze, officials said.

There were no injuries.

Fire Chief Robert Vezina said the family is temporarily staying with friends in the area.


General News Fires Weare


More Headlines