Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua pedestrian seriously injured when hit by car
NASHUA - A local woman suffered serious injuries Friday night when she was hit by a car while walking on Amherst Street, police said.
Doreen Taylor, 48, was crossing Amherst Street about 8 p.m. Friday when she was hit by a car driven by Kevin Nickerson, 61, of Mont Vernon. A police sergeant said Friday night that Taylor was not in a crosswalk.
Taylor was taken to Beth Israel Hospital in Boston for treatment of her injuries, which police said were not life threatening.
Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors and Nickerson "immediately stopped" after the accident, police said.
Amherst Street was closed until about 1 a.m. because of the accident, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 45
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 0
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Bow goes to shootout to defeat Concord
It's Central, Merrimack