June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Rye Junior High principal faces DWI charge
RYE - SAU 50 Superintendent George Cushing is standing behind Rye Junior High School Principal Chris Pollet, who is fighting a drunk driving charge.
According to a state police arrest log, Pollet, 46, of Stratham was arrested and charged Nov. 21 around 5:21 p.m. on Route 16 in Rochester.
Cushing said Pollet was involved in an accident when he swerved to avoid another vehicle and was later treated at a hospital for head trauma, acute cervical strain and chemical burns from a deployed airbag. It was later determined that Pollet suffered a concussion, Cushing said.
He said Pollet is recovering and has returned to school on a reduced schedule
"He hasn't had his day (in court) to answer the charges yet," Cushing said. "He is denying it and he has not been convicted of anything."
Calls to Pollet and his Portsmouth lawyer, Sven Wiberg, were not returned Monday.
Pollet was hired to take the helm at Rye Junior High School in 2007 after serving in the Oyster River School District for many years.
"He has been a very dependable employee and leader and I expect that to continue," Cushing said, adding that he had "a lot of faith" in his principal.
Cushing said Pollet has been up front with parents and school officials about what happened.
Parents were alerted on Monday, the superintendent said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424