Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police say mom left 8-year-old with sex offender
When Anthony Baslow was paroled from state prison, his girlfriend signed papers saying she would not allow any child to be left alone with him.
After all, Baslow was a convicted child sex-offender undergoing treatment outside prison walls; his girlfriend, Meghan Wilcox, had an 8-year-old child in her care, according to prosecutors.
In October, Baslow was charged with molesting the boy, and late last month, Wilcox herself was charged.
The 29-year-old Danbury resident faces four Class A misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a child. Each carries a potential penalty of one year in jail.
In indictments, prosecutors allege Wilcox acted on purpose when she left the child alone with Baslow four times between June and September of last year. The crimes allegedly took place at a Wilmot location.
Baslow, who has returned to state prison, faces four counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault, three counts of felonious sexual assault and one count of indecent exposure in connection with the assaults.
Susan Larrabee, a Merrimack County assistant attorney, said Baslow and Wilcox were boyfriend and girlfriend. As part of his sex-offender treatment, he signed papers saying he would have no contact with children.
"If kids are nearby, a chaperone goes through a course (about sexual offender treatment) and must also sign a contract," Larrabee said.
Wilcox signed a sex offender chaperone contract, promising she would not allow a child to be left alone with Baslow, according to the indictment.
According to the state Corrections Department website, Baslow was convicted in Grafton and Sullivan County superior courts for crimes that took place in 2000 and 2007, respectively.
- - - - - - - -
Mark Hayward may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
- Pelham man arrested in theft of jewelry - 0
- UPDATE: Mass. man wanted for targeting victims through online dating site arrested - 4
- Police suspect same man with small bat robbed Bow store, failed in Goffstown try - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 20
- 2 NH men accused of drug trafficking - 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 3
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 1
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 1
- Newton couple accused of assaulting 1-month-old infant - 1
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Potential GOP presidential hopeful US Rep. Pete King to return to NH on MondayREADER COMMENTS: 0
Driver was trying to kill himself
Big tipper stops for lunch
2 NH men accused of drug trafficking
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424