Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Atkinson man arrested after police standoff
Michael McBride kept police at bay for about 3½ hours before surrendering without incident at 11:10 p.m. in the driveway of his 7 Crystal Hill Road home.
The standoff began about 7:45 p.m. when a relative called police after McBride allegedly fired his gun two separate times inside his home. Police said three rounds were fired, with one of the shots coming close to a family member.
The relative fled the home and called police. At 7:45 p.m., after police repeatedly tried to get McBride to come out, the New Hampshire State Police SWAT and crisis negotiation team was called in.
Police continued to talk to McBride who, holding his firearm, finally emerged at 11:10 p.m. SWAT members ordered him to drop the gun, which he did.
He was arrested and charged with two counts of felony reckless conduct.
What's next: McBride is being held on $25,000 cash bail pending arraignment Tuesday in 10th Circuit Court, Plaistow District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior