LACONIA - Thirteen area residents were arrested on drug-related charges Wednesday in a roundup that involved local, state and federal law enforcement, Laconia police announced.
Charges ranged from mere possession of marijuana to sale of hard drugs such as heroin and oxycodone.
Laconia police Capt. William Clary said the people arrested include users and street-level dealers. The arrests capped investigations that involved sales and earlier-executed search warrants, he said.
"This is what we've been doing for several months," Clary said. "Some people thought they were free and clear. They'll never know when we come knocking."
He said the arrests will make people think twice about selling drugs in Laconia.Those arrested range from 19 years to 65 years of age. Seven gave residents of Laconia; others were from Belmont, Meredith, Franklin and New Hampton.
All were released on their own recognizance, and Clary said he hopes to win indictments against them when the Belmont County grand jury meets later this month.
The arrests were made by officers with Laconia and Belmont police, the Attorney General's Drug Task Force and the U.S. Marshal Service.
The thirteen are:
- Roberta Rama, 20, of Laconia. Possession of marijuana.
- Ryan Tuckett, 32, Laconia. Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
- Betsy Page, 54, Laconia. Sale of marijuana in a school zone.
- Ronald Steele, 19, Laconia. Possession of marijuana.
- Bradley Swinton, 65. Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute in a school zone.
- Sarah Smith, 25, Laconia. Conspiracy to sell crack cocaine.
- Stacey Gates, 37, Belmont. Sale of heroin. Criminal liability for another in the sale of heroin.
- Elisabeth Gates, 30, Belmont. Sale of heroin.
- Kerry Defeo, 25, Meredith. Transporting oxycodone in a motor vehicle.
- Alisha Morgan, 31, Franklin. Three counts, sale of cocaine.
- William Butler, 31, New Hampton. Three possession counts: heroin, Suboxen, Gabapentin.
- Garrett Brue, 19, Laconia. Conspiracy to sell oxycodone.