All Sections

Home | Public Safety

Utility work starts city apartment fire

February 22. 2013 11:46PM

MANCHESTER - A plumber heating pipes accidentally started a fire that left one apartment inhabitable at an apartment building at 35 Log St. Friday evening, District Chief Jim Michael said.

Michael said one resident lived in the apartment and was able to find family to stay with.

The fire, which was reported about 5 p.m. Friday, started in a second-floor apartment while the plumber was working on a sink. The fire has been deemed accidental, he said.

Nobody was injured in the fire, which caused minor damage to two other units, he said.

Fires Manchester

More Headlines