Former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop dies at 96
Koop served as Surgeon General from November 1981 until October 1989, taking stern and sometimes controversial stands on abortion, AIDS, fatty foods, drugs and cigarettes.
His death was announced by Dartmouth's Geisel School of Medicine, where he founded the C. Everett Koop Institute.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'