Bedford narrows candidates for Peter Woodbury principal
Out of 39 applicants, a search committee interviewed eight semifinalists for the position that will be vacated by Principal Kenneth Williams in June.
The first candidate, Cheryl Daley, is the current assistant principal at Peter Woodbury, and has held that position since 2002.
Candidate Candice Fowler is the current principal at Hollis Upper Elementary School and has held that position since 2008.
The final candidate, Daniel Mitchell, is the assistant principal at the Adeline C. Marston Elementary School in Hampton. Mitchell has served as the assistant principal at the school since 2010.
Bedford Superintendent Timothy Mayes said the search process began in December, and included meetings with faculty, parents and even students to see what the groups were looking for in a principal.
"Our fourth-graders did a great job at expressing what they'd like to see in a principal," Mayes said.
Mayes said the district will miss Williams, who led the school for two-and-a-half decades. The search committee will be visiting finalists' schools next week.
All finalists will be visiting Peter Woodbury School during the week of March 11, where they will meet with students, parents, faculty, staff and community members.
The school board anticipates a decision on the position by late March.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Our Gourmet: A touch of mystery, flavors of the Orient at Soho in Hudson - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs