Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police seize goods believed stolen in car break-ins at Hooksett rink
According to a news release, Hooksett Police Officer Brett Fernald responded to a call of a car break-in at the Ice Den hockey rink on Quality Drive. A window in the victim's vehicle had been smashed, and several items, including a purse, stolen.
A few parking spaces away from from the burglarized car a commercial van owned by Interior Magic was parked. Looking through the window, Fernald saw a number of purses and bags. Another break-in victim at the rink identified one of the purses in the van as hers, police said.
Surveillance was set up, and Officer Christopher Buker saw a man enter the van and drive away. Buker stopped Alex Basoukas, 24, of Manchester. Basoukas told Buker that he had run out of gas and was waiting for friend to help him.
After receiving Basoukas' consent, Buker searched the van and found several purses and iPods, some with different names on them. Basoukas insisted that he purchased the iPods at a GameStop, and Buker ceased the search so he could obtain a warrant.
The warrant was issued Feb. 25. Seven iPods were found in the ensuing search, including a gray iPod shuffle, a white 2 gi-?gabyte iPod Nano, a black 8GB iPod Nano, a black 8GB iPod Touch, a pink iPod Nano, a 64GB iPod Touch with "S. Griffin, Class of 2012" engraved on the back, and a 4GB iPod Nano with "J. Dannis" engraved on the back.
Other items found included a red RCA MP3 player, a black 8GB Philips GoGear Aria MP3 player, several MP3 chargers, an 8GB i-Ecko thumb drive, a black Amazon Kindle, a black IPod FM transmitter, a gray leather Michael Kors purse, a metallic gold Coach purse, a black Michael Kors purse, three pairs of ladies pumps, a Kohl's merchandise gift card, Jones NY Sunglasses and drug paraphernalia.
According to Hooksett Police, the owner of Interior Magic was not involved with the thefts and was unaware that a company van was involved in the activity.
Hooksett police are asking for assistance in identifying the owners of the recovered property and encourage anyone with information that may assist the investigation to contact Fernald at 624-1560, ext. 151.
A booking photo provided to the media suggests that charges have been pressed against Basoukas, though the press release does not specify them. Detective Caitlin Rebe, the release's author, could not be reached for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 26
- Nashua police chief wants pair of pawn shops shut down - 0
- Judge OKs early release for former teacher convicted of possessing child porn - 0
- Nashua man indicted for allegedly shooting girlfriend - 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed for fourth time - 0
- Manchester couple faces robbery, theft charges after Salem mall incident - 1
- Chainsaw-wielding man facing multiple charges over Sept. incident - 0
- Woman faces assault charge after Monopoly game gets out of hand - 18
- Plea deal gives shooter 15-30 years in 2012 death of Manchester man - 0
- Missouri governor urges calm ahead of grand jury decision on shooting; findings to be announced at 9 p.m. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 0
- Winning $100,000 lottery ticket sold in Laconia - 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 6
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483