Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Police seize goods believed stolen in car break-ins at Hooksett rink
According to a news release, Hooksett Police Officer Brett Fernald responded to a call of a car break-in at the Ice Den hockey rink on Quality Drive. A window in the victim's vehicle had been smashed, and several items, including a purse, stolen.
A few parking spaces away from from the burglarized car a commercial van owned by Interior Magic was parked. Looking through the window, Fernald saw a number of purses and bags. Another break-in victim at the rink identified one of the purses in the van as hers, police said.
Surveillance was set up, and Officer Christopher Buker saw a man enter the van and drive away. Buker stopped Alex Basoukas, 24, of Manchester. Basoukas told Buker that he had run out of gas and was waiting for friend to help him.
After receiving Basoukas' consent, Buker searched the van and found several purses and iPods, some with different names on them. Basoukas insisted that he purchased the iPods at a GameStop, and Buker ceased the search so he could obtain a warrant.
The warrant was issued Feb. 25. Seven iPods were found in the ensuing search, including a gray iPod shuffle, a white 2 gi-?gabyte iPod Nano, a black 8GB iPod Nano, a black 8GB iPod Touch, a pink iPod Nano, a 64GB iPod Touch with "S. Griffin, Class of 2012" engraved on the back, and a 4GB iPod Nano with "J. Dannis" engraved on the back.
Other items found included a red RCA MP3 player, a black 8GB Philips GoGear Aria MP3 player, several MP3 chargers, an 8GB i-Ecko thumb drive, a black Amazon Kindle, a black IPod FM transmitter, a gray leather Michael Kors purse, a metallic gold Coach purse, a black Michael Kors purse, three pairs of ladies pumps, a Kohl's merchandise gift card, Jones NY Sunglasses and drug paraphernalia.
According to Hooksett Police, the owner of Interior Magic was not involved with the thefts and was unaware that a company van was involved in the activity.
Hooksett police are asking for assistance in identifying the owners of the recovered property and encourage anyone with information that may assist the investigation to contact Fernald at 624-1560, ext. 151.
A booking photo provided to the media suggests that charges have been pressed against Basoukas, though the press release does not specify them. Detective Caitlin Rebe, the release's author, could not be reached for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police say driver in Amherst fatal crash was traveling about 45 mph above limit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Parolee returned to prison in 3rd protective order case - 0
- Salem man charged with child porn possession - 0
- Keene police may seek subpoenas for social media accounts in riot probe - 2
- Ex-Seabrook police officer wants to keep sealed statements out of trial - 0
- Hollis police investigating thefts from vehicles - 0
- Hooksett woman charged with child sex assault - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Stalking charge filed after court appearance - 0
- 2 men charged with stealing $210k in cash from Salem home - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Home-grown talent has UNH women's cross country out in front - 0
- New players, new coach, new look for Monarchs in home opener tonight - 0
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 0
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 0
- FairPoint paying thousands a day for police details at Manchester sites alone - 0
- New York doctor who worked in West Africa tests positive for Ebola - 0
- UMass Lowell polls show senate, gubernatorial races still a close call - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Swetland helps Central girls get past Bishop Guertin - 0
- Islanders make Boychuk's return a happy one with 3-2 win - 0
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483