Monarchs rally, win thriller in St. John's
Manchester (25-24-3-3) is in fourth place in the Atlantic Division with 56 points. St. John's (23-30-1-3) is in fifth place in the Atlantic Division with 50 points.
In the shootout, center Jordan Weal and left wing Colton Yellow Horn scored for the Monarchs. Monarchs goaltender Martin Jones denied center Eric O'Dell, center Ben Maxwell, left wing Jason Jaffrey and left wing Carl Klingberg. Right wing Brandon Kozun and right wing Tyler Toffoli were denied by IceCaps goaltender Eddie Pasquale. Center Kael Mouillierat scored the lone shootout goal for the IceCaps.
St. John's held leads of 3-1 and 4-2 before Andreoff scored a power-play marker unassisted at 16:15 of the middle period. Manchester needed another goal in the third period to tie the game, and got it with 43 seconds left in regulation. With the goalie pulled and an extra skater on for Manchester, Andreoff scored on David Kolomatis' assist to send the game to overtime.
Brandon Kozun and Tyler Toffoli had goals for Manchester. Eric O'Dell scored two for St. John's, which got single goals from Kael Mouillerat and Patrice Cormier.
Martin Jones (15-19-3) earned his 15th victory of the season of the season stopping 33-of-37 shots in regulation and 4-of-5 shootout attempts. Eddie Pasquale (14-19-3) took third shootout loss of the season making 22 saves on 26 shot in regulation and 2-of-4 shootout snipers.
The Monarchs finish their two-game weekend series against the IceCaps tonight at 6.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics' objective against Knicks: Make it to Friday - 0
- Celtics beat Knicks in OT, force Game 5 - 0
- Knicks push Celtics to the brink - 0
- Another Celts meltdown as Knicks take command of series - 0
- Celts 'point' to Garnett for solutions - 0
- Too much Carmelo as Knicks top Celtics in Game 1 - 0
- C's end regular season on losing note - 0
- Celtics clinch No. 7 seed with easy win over Magic - 0
- Heat's stars get better of Celtics - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 4
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs