Home » Sports » College Sports
NH Football: Santos joins UNH staff; Lenahan earns national honor
Santos was a four-year starter (2004-07) who led the Wildcats to a 37-14 record during that time. He guided UNH to the NCAA Division I-AA/FCS playoffs in each of those four seasons and led the program to its first Division I postseason victory when the Wildcats won at Georgia Southern in 2004.
Santos ranks third among FCS players in passing yards (13,212) and touchdown passes (123), and fourth in total offense (14,615). He also holds the UNH record for pass attempts (1,498), completions (1,024) and passing yards (12,189).
In 2006, Santos won the Walter Payton Award as the most outstanding player in FCS football. After graduating from UNH, Santos played for three Canadian Football League teams from 2009 to 2012. His uniform number (No. 2) is one of four numbers retired by the UNH football program.
Lenahan earns national honor
Plymouth Regional football coach Chuck Lenahan will be inducted into the NFHS National High School Hall of Fame on June 27 in Denver.
Lenahan won his 19th state title when Plymouth beat Trinity of Manchester for the Division IV championship last fall. It was the 13th time Lenahan has guided a Plymouth team to an unbeaten season.
Lenahan has a 345-69-1 record in 42 seasons as Plymouth's head coach. No New England high school football coach has more career victories.
Lenahan will be one of 13 inductees in the 2013 class. The others include Joe Theisman, who was a three-sport standout at South River (N.J.) High School; and Chauncey Billups, who was the three-time Mr. Basketball at Denver's George Washington High School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice