Home » News » Public Safety
BU student from Amherst dies in Boston
Andrew Barksdale II, was taken from a residence on Wadsworth Street about 1 a.m. and was pronounced dead three hours later at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, according to the university.
"Whenever there is a death of one of our own it affects all of us," Dean of Students Kenneth Elmore said in a statement. "Our entire community is deeply saddened. I hope that students will look out for each other. I hope they will use the resources that are available here, and I hope they reach out to friends, parents and loved ones."
Barksdale was a 2012 graduate of Souhegan High School in Amherst, N.H., where he earned the Coach's Award for varsity basketball, a U.S. Marine Corps Scholastic Excellence Award and a humanities award, according to Boston University.
His death is being investigated by Boston Police, who have indicated that no foul play was involved, the university said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fischer defeats Flattes in Derry Council race - 0
- Hudson voters reject budget, approve police and fire contracts - 0
- Randolph selects Cryans, almost unanimous on ATV article - 0
- Former Atkinson police chief elected selectman - 0
- New Boston voters OK AREA agreement - 0
- Berlin-Gorham wins a thriller in NHIAA girls' hockey semi - 0
- Pacers end Celtics’ two-game win streak - 0
- Hanover too much for Bishop Guertin in girls hockey semi - 0
- Sunapee voters approve budget, Gottling defeats Augustine for selectman - 0
Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus