Home » Sports » College Sports
Dartmouth to host Harvard in first round ECAC hockey tourney series
Freshman goalie Charles Grant was a bright spot for the Big Green, saving 38 shots. Grant stopped 78 of the 84 shots he saw over the weekend, which included Friday night's 2-2 tie with Princeton.
Dartmouth won a tiebreaker with St. Lawrence to finish fifth, with a 9-9-4 ECAC record (13-11-5 overall) and will host the league's 12th-ranked team, Harvard, in a best-of-three series beginning Friday night at Thompson Arena. Game 2 is Saturday night, with a Game 3, if necessary, on Sunday night. The Big Green went 1-0-1 against their rivals from Cambridge during the regular season.
Quinnipiac, coached by Bedford native Rand Pecknold, takes a 24-5-5 mark (17-2-3 in the ECAC) into the postseason. The Bobcats are seeded No. 1 in the ECAC tournament, earning a first-round bye along with No. 2 RPI, No. 3 Yale and No. 4 Union. The quarterfinal round will be played on those four campuses before the tournament moves to the semifinals and championship in Atlantic City, N.J.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child