NHIAA Div. II Boys' Basketball Tournament: No. 12 Windham upsets No. 5 Oyster River
NHIAA Div. I Boys' Hockey: It's a city party in final
In other action, top-ranked Pembroke defeated 16th-ranked St. Thomas Aquinas of Dover 43-25, eighth-ranked Pelham beat ninth-ranked Plymouth 44-37, 13th-ranked Coe-Brown Academy upset No. 4 Hollis-Brookline 66-63, second-ranked Portsmouth routed No. 15 Goffstown 82-53, seventh-ranked Souhegan of Amherst downed No. 10 Hanover 55-33 and third-rated Lebanon ousted No. 14 Merrimack Valley, 75-66.
In the quarterfinals on Saturday, Pembroke will host Pelham, Windham will host Coe-Brown, Lebanon will host Bishop Brady, a 72-64 winner over John Stark of Weare and Portsmouth will host Souhegan.
Dave Carbonello scored 11 points to lead Windham (10-9) to its upset win. Nick Lazar had 16 for the 13-6 Bobcats.
Donovan Phanor exploded for 31 points to lead Portsmouth (16-3) over Goffstown which got a 26-point effort from Jake Mount.
St. Thomas tried to hold the ball out against Pembroke, which explains the 5-0 first quarter score. But the Saints couldn't slow down the unbeaten Spartans (22-0) who were led by Pat Welch (13 points), Kafani Williams (12) and Matt Persons (12). Pembroke was 16 of 20 from the free throw line.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Voter restrictions: Who will govern us? - 26
- School board papers: Beaudry gets left behind - 1
- Data overreach Are programs really justified? The weak case for PRISM. - 11
- A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely - 8
- Border security? Maybe, some day, perhaps. Or not - 35
- Priority profs: University system tops HHS - 5
- Recognizing father: Not PC, but still OK - 1
- Closing Hanover St.: Not a 'free market' move - 6
- Step into the past: Discover old NH this weekend - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time