All New England Jazz Festival? at PSU on Tuesday
The Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance at Plymouth State University will host the annual All New England Jazz Festival for high school students Tuesday, March 12, at the Silver Center for the Arts.
Students in grades 10-12 from 17 schools across the six New England States will participate in a day-long program of jazz workshops and rehearsals, concluding with a 5 p.m. concert in Hanaway Theatre directed by Festival Conductor Graham Breedlove.
Breedlove, a member of the U.S. Army Blues jazz ensemble, a part of The United States Army Band, "Pershing's Own," has performed on four continents in more than 20 countries, with headliners representing more than 100 Grammy nominations. To promote jazz, Breedlove has presented clinics, masterclasses and appeared as a guest soloist at colleges and universities across the country. He also volunteered to participate in a USO concert tour of Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan. Breedlove serves on the faculties of Towson University, Catholic University and the National Jazz Workshop.
The guest conductor will work with the select high school ensemble and will solo with the PSU Jazz Ensemble during the concert. Some of the music being performed was composed by Breedlove. Professor Mark Stickney, PSU director of bands, directs the PSU Jazz Ensemble. The PSU Jazz Workshop, directed by professor Rik Pfenninger, PSU coordinator of jazz studies and music technology, also will perform.
Tickets for the concert are available at the box office at 535-2787 or (800) 779-3869, and online at silver.plymouth.edu.
Arts & Entertainment
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
North Country open for business
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions