Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Hampstead woman to plead guilty in theft of firearms
Kelly Schulz, 42, of Haverhill, Mass., has struck a plea deal with county prosecutors related to her alleged role in the theft of four firearms from a Hampstead home in June 2011. (COURTESY)
Kelly Schulz, 42, of Haverhill, Mass., is expected to plead guilty to a single count of theft by unauthorized taking for her role in a June 17, 2011, theft at a home on Kent Farm Road.
Prosecutors say Schulz did not enter the home, but knew the homeowner where the firearms were stolen.
Schulz assisted another woman who went inside the home and took the weapons, according to prosecutors.
Terms of the plea deal have not yet been made public.
Schulz is expected to return to court on May 22 for a plea-and-sentencing hearing.
Defense lawyer Brian Lavallee has negotiated a capped plea for his client, ultimately leaving Schulz's sentence up to a judge.
Schulz was indicted on four counts of accomplice to theft by unauthorized taking last February.
The theft was one of two incidents at the Hampstead home that police believe were connected.
A month after the thefts, Hampstead police investigated a home invasion at the residence.
Avery Walker, 20, of Haverhill, Mass., is serving a state prison term after pleading guilty last year to felony charges of conspiracy to commit burglary and accomplice to burglary.
Prosecutors say he brought two armed burglars to the home, who assaulted two occupants. Those two men were not charged in the case.
Walker's minimum parole date is Nov. 16.
Indictments say that Walker brought Angel Sanchez and Max Menagerman to the home. Menagerman was never charged in connection with the Hampstead case, but was later arrested in Haverhill, Mass. for a home invasion in that city. In that case, Menagerman and Sanchez faced a variety of charges - including kidnapping and burglary - for allegedly breaking into a home where a man was shot and a woman was tied up and sexually assaulted.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 1
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 2
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bow goes to shootout to defeat Concord - 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 7
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 6
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 5
Details of Reams inquiry released
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483