Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police looking for man behind Walmart bomb scare in Rochester
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 9:39 p.m. after receiving a report that there was an explosive device in the store or its parking lot at 116 Farmington Road -Route 11. By the time authorities arrived, the store's staff and customers had already evacuated.
Investigators believe two men in a black Chevy Suburban "announced the information of the possible explosive device in the parking lot over some sort of speaker system," according to police.
Police and members of the New Hampshire State Police Bomb Squad K-9 team searched the building and around the parking lot, but did not find any explosives. As a result, the store was turned back over to management, according to police.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact officer Justin Seckendorf at 330-7128. Anonymous tips can also be submitted to the Rochester Crime Line at 335-6500 or via text at CRIMES (274637) Body of Text: TEXT4CASH + your tip. Cash rewards are offered for information that leads to an arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry man facing sex assaults wants trial, rejects plea deal - 0
- Bail set at $20,000 for escapee captured after DWI wreck of stolen car - 0
- Missing inmate arrested in Rochester after crash - 1
- Tensions boil over after NYC police killings - 11
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Utility truck overturns as vehicles dodge ladder on Route 101 in Exeter - 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 29
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 9
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483