2013 Loeb Educational Grant applications available online
The $5,000 prize was named for William and Nackey S. Loeb, the late publishers of the New Hampshire Union Leader and New Hampshire Sunday News. The Loebs worked tirelessly to sustain the autonomy of New Hampshire's largest daily newspaper, and this year's grant will go to the person who best exemplifies their spirit of independence and journalistic integrity.
High school seniors as well as current college students, regardless of age, are encouraged to apply. The application deadline is April 1.
The Loeb Educational Grant is open to any individual who has been a New Hampshire resident for at least two years and plans to attend a post-secondary education program. For more information, contact Katie McQuaid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of Union Leader Charitable Fund, a not-for-profit corporation established in 2006, is to provide charitable support to social and humanitarian groups, causes and individuals, including programs for literacy, education and other community needs in New Hampshire. Union Leader Charitable Fund serves the community in all of its activities without discrimination based on race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religious affiliation, creed, marital status, veteran status, national or ethnic origin.
Katie McQuaid Cote of the Union Leader Corp., 100 William Loeb Drive, Manchester, NH 03109, 494-3505.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Honor Our Veterans event on Aug. 24; free pork roast in Rochester; free pork roast in Rochester - 0
- Homeland Heroes to open "store" in Hudson - 0
- At 73, double amputee Vietnam vet is golfing again with special cart at Manchester CC - 0
- Veterans Home's oldest resident dies at 100 - 0
- Vets charity receives a $150,000 gift - 0
- Veterans News: Coupe De Ville Band plays in Kingston - 0
- Sweeney Post events set - 0
- Mary Tamposi: When our vets suffer in crisis, so does the family - 0
- Wounded NH veteran inspired by bird-watching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
- Holloman’s fotball career is over in Dallas due to injury - 0
- Tringale in contention at The Barclays - 0
- UNH Notebook: UNH offense outpaces defense in annual Blue/White contest - 0
- Carey Classic set for tonight in Manchester - 0
- U.S. opens criminal probe into death - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
All aboard for a ride and nature tour
Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m