Two injured breaking up dogfight in Manchester
The yellow Labrador retriever and a pitbull were walking on opposite sides of Jewett Street when the pitbull broke free from its owner, ran across the street and attacked the other dog, Manchester police Lt. Mike Hurley said.
The owner of the pitbull was trying to separate the dogs and was joined by a passerby who saw the dogs fighting.
Both men received bite wounds to their hands and the Lab was also taken to a veterinarian for treatment. Animal control was investigating and would decide whether charges are warranted, Hurley said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Osgood Road closed in Milford, 33% without power - 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket