Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Madbury voters to decide on budget increase, zoning issue
It's one of many towns around the state deciding these issues when polls open from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Town Hall.
Article 2 asks residents to change the zoning ordinance to allow nursing homes, assisted living facilities and hospices to properties with frontage on major roads - Routes 9, 108 or 155 - in the agricultural district.
According to the proposed ordinance, nursing homes would provide basic care for two or more people, assisted living facilities would offer services and short-term care and hospices would provide 24-hour care for the terminally ill.
The remaining issues will be decided during the annual Town Meeting, which is scheduled to begin Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall.
Article 4 would appropriate $1,212,515 for the operating budget. It is $25,117, or 2.1 percent, larger than last year's budget of $1,187,398.
Article 14, which requires a three-fifths majority to pass, asks resident to change the title of the Fire Truck Capital Reserve Fund (CRF) and name the selectmen as agents of the new Fire Equipment CRF.
If approved, Article 5 would appropriate $10,000 to create the Bridge Repair and Maintenance CRF.
Article 12 would add $45,000 to the Library Building CRF while Article 13 would add $35,000 to the Fire Truck CRF.
If approved, Articles 6 and 10 would both add $30,000 to two CRFs to repair town buildings and assist in purchases and easements.
Article 9 would add $15,000 to the Police Equipment CRF while Article 11 would add $11,175 to the Property Revaluation CRF.
If approved, Articles 7 and 8 would both add $10,000 to two CRFs to help reclaim the Iafolla property and develop recreational facilities in town.
Article 16 would add $5,000 to the Grounds Maintenance Equipment CRF while Article 15 would add $200 to the Madbury Memorial Park Fund.
If approved, Article 17 asks residents to transfer the unexpended portion of the Conservation Commission's budget to the Madbury Conservation Fund.
For more information, visit the town's website at www.lefh.net/madbury.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 2
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 1
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'