Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: UNH hockey team drops to No. 7 in polls
Quinnipiac (24-5-5) retained the No. 1 spot in both polls, while Dartmouth College (15-12-5) fell out of the top 20.
FDU-Florham 9, Keene State 8: At Winter Haven, Fla., freshman Ted Christie of Nashua got the start, and Keene State College used five pitchers in a tough-luck loss at Chain O'Lakes Park on Monday. Billy Hartmann of Greenland ripped a two-run double to give Keene State an early 2-0 lead. Howie Dietch and Greg Bates of Salem each had RBI-doubles in the sixth inning as the Owls upped the lead to 6-2. Keene State (4-6) faces nationally ranked Wheaton College in Auburndale, Fla., on Tuesday.
College of N.J. 2-15, Keene State 1-2: At Clermont, Fla., the Owls dropped a one-run game in the opener at National Training Center and were swept after getting blown out in the second game of the doubleheader. In the opener, Keene State freshman pitcher Mariah Crisp of Greenland worked 7-2/3 innings, allowing two runs on two hits, striking out 10. KSC dropped to 0-2, and the Engineers improved to 2-3.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 2
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 1
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl