Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Franklin Pierce lacrosse team opens with a win
Erik Kelly led the way with three goals on a game-high 15 shots. Casey Burnett of Windham added two goals and one assist in his first collegiate game. Bryan Bourque of Goffstown had two goals. Ravens goalie Don Denman of Exeter had 14 saves.
LIU Post 9, SNHU 8: In Manchester, Southern New Hampshire was led by Rob Murray with three goals and two assists.
Navy 11, University of New Hampshire 10: In Annapolis, Md., UNH goalkeeper Kathleen O'Keefe recorded 11 saves but the team fell to 0-5. Jenny Simpson led UNH's attack with five goals.
St. Lawrence 11, Keene State 6: In West Palm Beach, Fla., Keene State got early goals from Lauren Brown and Polly Grey. Sophomore Erin Taylor of Brewster finished the game with 12 saves for Keene State.
Dartmouth College: The Ivy League announced its men's basketball all-conference teams and sophomore forward/center Gabas Maldunas earned a spot on the second team. In squash, the College Squash Association awarded Chris Hanson with the Skillman Award. It is given annually to a senior men's squash player who has demonstrated outstanding sportsmanship during his entire college career.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Big challenges? Bring ’em on - 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'