Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Keene State splits baseball twinbill
Sophomore Ian Seawards of Dover drove in the winning run in the 11th inning in the Owls' 4-3 win over Bowdoin College.
KSC lost its second game to Husson College, 4-2. Senior Greg Bates of Salem, Brett Dootson, and Seawards each had two hits against Husson.
Colby-Sawyer 14-4, SUNYIT 0-9: In Auburndale, Fla., Sean Gavin had a two-run single and Andy Lapple hit a two-run triple in the win for the Chargers.
Daniel Webster 3-7, Becker 1-5: In Frostproof, Fla., rookie Arial Ramos scattered three hits over seven complete innings striking out four and walking three in the game one victory. Darrik Marstaller of Spofford and Elliot Kilgore of Milford each had two hits and two RBI in the nightcap win.
UNH: Katie Mann will compete in the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships at the IU Natatorium in Indianapolis, Ind. on March 21-23. Her primary event will be the 400 IM, an event where she owns the America East record time. She will also swim in the 200 individual medley and the 200 breaststroke.
Dartmouth: Nejc Zupan will represent Dartmouth at the 2013 NCAA Championships in Indianapolis, Ind., March 28-30. Zupan will compete in the 200 IM and the 200 breast.
Dartmouth College: Junior guard Nicola Zimmer earned All-Ivy League honorable mention. She averaged 8.9 points per game and was Dartmouth's second-leading scorer.
UNH: Kevin Greene and John Prizzi on the men's track & field team, along with Darcy James of Exeter and Jessica Salley on the women's side, were named to the America East All-Academic team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
Memorial Day services, events around NH