Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Keene State splits baseball twinbill
Sophomore Ian Seawards of Dover drove in the winning run in the 11th inning in the Owls' 4-3 win over Bowdoin College.
KSC lost its second game to Husson College, 4-2. Senior Greg Bates of Salem, Brett Dootson, and Seawards each had two hits against Husson.
Colby-Sawyer 14-4, SUNYIT 0-9: In Auburndale, Fla., Sean Gavin had a two-run single and Andy Lapple hit a two-run triple in the win for the Chargers.
Daniel Webster 3-7, Becker 1-5: In Frostproof, Fla., rookie Arial Ramos scattered three hits over seven complete innings striking out four and walking three in the game one victory. Darrik Marstaller of Spofford and Elliot Kilgore of Milford each had two hits and two RBI in the nightcap win.
UNH: Katie Mann will compete in the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships at the IU Natatorium in Indianapolis, Ind. on March 21-23. Her primary event will be the 400 IM, an event where she owns the America East record time. She will also swim in the 200 individual medley and the 200 breaststroke.
Dartmouth: Nejc Zupan will represent Dartmouth at the 2013 NCAA Championships in Indianapolis, Ind., March 28-30. Zupan will compete in the 200 IM and the 200 breast.
Dartmouth College: Junior guard Nicola Zimmer earned All-Ivy League honorable mention. She averaged 8.9 points per game and was Dartmouth's second-leading scorer.
UNH: Kevin Greene and John Prizzi on the men's track & field team, along with Darcy James of Exeter and Jessica Salley on the women's side, were named to the America East All-Academic team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deroy Murdock: These are a few of my favorite charities - 0
- John Dumais: How GMO food labeling would hurt New Hampshire - 2
- George Will: Obama's epiphanies about governing - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 2
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 41
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings