Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Three charged with attempting to break into Farmington store
Ryan D. Towle, 17 of 94 Hubbard Road, Lebanon, Maine, Tammy Ewing, 18, of 14 Pineland Park, Milton, and Dustin A. Rice, 20, of 54 Kennebeck Drive, were all charged with conspiracy to commit burglary and attempted burglary.
Additionally, Towle was charged with criminal mischief for allegedly damaging the store during the incident, which occurred at 438 Route 11 on Sunday before 10 p.m.
Police responded to the scene after the store's alarm sounded. Officers discovered a broken window and heard movement in the nearby woods.
Officer Sean Leach stopped a vehicle leaving the area and detained the three occupants, two of whom matched people seen on the store's video surveillance system. Members of Rochester's K-9 team, including Officer Keith Mackenzie, responded and eventually followed a trail that led to the vehicle, according to police.
All suspects were released on bail and are scheduled to be arraigned April 16 in 7th Circuit Court in Rochester.
Police continue work with counterparts in Alton and Rochester to investigate a second – and unrelated - attempted burglary that occurred at the store around 2 a.m. Monday. Police once again responded to an alarm activation when someone attempted to break into the store via a window.
Officers spotted a truck leaving the area at a high rate of speed. Investigators determined the truck was stolen from Alton and later set ablaze in Rochester.
Anyone with information regarding the two incidents is encouraged to contact Sgt. Scott Ferguson at the Farmington Police Department at (603) 755-2731 x110.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 4
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth