March 17. 2013 10:50AM
Nashua fire started in flower box used as an ash tray
NASHUA — A fire early Sunday morning at a two-story residence at 4 Laconia Ave. was caused by an improperly disposed of cigarette.
According to Nashua Fire Department, the cigarette appears to have been only partially stubbed out in a flower box.
When the resident returned home about 2 a.m. Sunday morning, the building was on fire. No one was inside at the time and there were no injuries, according to the fire department.