Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Belmont police: Two men sought in armed robbery of taxi driver
At 8:10 p.m., police received a report of an armed robbery that had just taken place on Old Marsh Hill Road where the road meets Province Road.
A driver from Mr. C's Taxi Service reported that a driver had picked up two men on Messer Street in Laconia. The men asked to go to Brown Hill Road in Belmont, police said.
While on Route 107 before reaching Brown Hill Road, one man put a gun to the back of the driver's head and told him to pullover. At that point, according to police, the other man put a knife to the driver's throat. The men demanded cash from the driver, and escaped the cab with about $350, said Lt. Richard Mann.
The men fled on foot on Old Marsh Hill Road. Laconia, Gilford and Gilmanton police assisted Belmont police in making a perimeter search of the robbery site. The Gilford police dog unit tried to track the men, but police think the men may have gotten into a vehicle.
Police are following leads, but hope the community helps to identify the men.
"We could use the public's help," Mann said.
The first suspect is described as a white male, 25 to 30 years old, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9 inches tall with a heavy build; he was wearing a multicolored hooded sweatshirt.
The second suspect is described as a black male, 25 to 30 years old, about 6 feet tall with an average build; he was wearing a black-hooded sweatshirt and a red baseball cap with a flat rim.
Anyone with information about the crime is encouraged to contact the Belmont police at 267-8350 or the Greater Laconia Crime Line at 524-1717.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth