Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Belmont police: Two men sought in armed robbery of taxi driver
At 8:10 p.m., police received a report of an armed robbery that had just taken place on Old Marsh Hill Road where the road meets Province Road.
A driver from Mr. C's Taxi Service reported that a driver had picked up two men on Messer Street in Laconia. The men asked to go to Brown Hill Road in Belmont, police said.
While on Route 107 before reaching Brown Hill Road, one man put a gun to the back of the driver's head and told him to pullover. At that point, according to police, the other man put a knife to the driver's throat. The men demanded cash from the driver, and escaped the cab with about $350, said Lt. Richard Mann.
The men fled on foot on Old Marsh Hill Road. Laconia, Gilford and Gilmanton police assisted Belmont police in making a perimeter search of the robbery site. The Gilford police dog unit tried to track the men, but police think the men may have gotten into a vehicle.
Police are following leads, but hope the community helps to identify the men.
"We could use the public's help," Mann said.
The first suspect is described as a white male, 25 to 30 years old, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9 inches tall with a heavy build; he was wearing a multicolored hooded sweatshirt.
The second suspect is described as a black male, 25 to 30 years old, about 6 feet tall with an average build; he was wearing a black-hooded sweatshirt and a red baseball cap with a flat rim.
Anyone with information about the crime is encouraged to contact the Belmont police at 267-8350 or the Greater Laconia Crime Line at 524-1717.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bodies of mother, son found in Amherst home in apparent murder-suicide - 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 3
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 5
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 1
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
A story to bring beer lovers pleasant dreams
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917