Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: DWC pitchers - nine of 'em - throttle Colby-Sawyer
Kyle Brighan of Hudson hit a pair of triples, knocking in two runs, and Elliot Kilgore of Milford added two hits as the Eagles improved to 24-9.
Devin DeCarteret of Pelham also knocked in a run for DWC, which hosts the New England Collegiate Conference tournament this weekend. The tourney begins on Friday as the top-seeded and defending champ Eagles face fourth-seeded Becker at 11 a.m.
Colby-Sawyer goes to Castleton, Vt., on Friday to face Husson in the opening round of the North Atlantic Conference tournament.
Franklin Pierce 10, St. Anselm 5: Dan Kemp hit a two-run double and Nick LaCroix added a three-run homer in a five-run sixth inning, leading the FPU past the Hawks at Sullivan Park. Franklin Pierce improved to 29-15, 19-6 in the Northeast-10.
Rett Ostafin went 2-for-3 with a homer and double and scored three runs for St. Anselm, 18-28-1 and 13-16 in the Northeast-10.
Dartmouth 8, Amherst 1: In a tuneup for the Ivy League championship series this coming weekend at Columbia, the Big Green blasted Amherst at Red Rolfe Field. Matt MacDowell got the winners going with a two-run double in the second inning as Dartmouth (32-7) won its seventh straight and added to its school record for triumphs in a season.
Stonehill 4, St. Anselm 0: In a first-round game of the Northeast-10 playoffs, the host Hawks were held to five hits by Megan Ruonavaara. Amherst's Alison Sumski walked and scored a run in the Stonehill win.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans