Home » Opinion » Editorials
Home grown: Cheaper medical marijuana
The medical marijuana bill pending in the Senate would require that anyone authorized to use medical marijuana have both a doctor's prescription and an ID card issued by the Department of Health and Human Services. It restricts patients to three plants, 12 seedlings and no more than six ounces of marijuana, just two ounces if traveling.
Hassan says patients should have to get their marijuana from the alternative care centers created by the bill. But it would authorize only five, and the state has 18 months to authorize them. If you are dying of cancer, what do you do until then? If you live an hour or more from one of the authorized centers, and your chemotherapy has made you too weak to drive, what do you do? You suffer until someone can drive you, or you pay (if you can) for an authorized person to deliver it.
If patients are not to be permitted to grow their own, there should be many more alternative care centers than this bill allows. But it would be better for patients if they could grow small amounts at home.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Minimum wages: Maximum spin - 13
- A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth - 1
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
Win tickets to see Bruno Mars!
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Reintroducing Bode Miller
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run