Londonderry district hires Putney as new Matthew Thornton principal
On Wednesday, school officials announced the hiring of Sharon Putney. Putney will begin her principal duties July 1 following the retirement of longtime principal Carol Mack.
Mack, who worked in the district for more than 25 years, announced her retirement earlier this spring.
Putney is about to complete her fifth year as assistant principal at Thornton's Ferry Elementary School in Merrimack and is the reigning N.H. Elementary Assistant Principal of the Year.
Her education career began in 1982, and over the years she's worked as a general music and chorus teacher, a gifted and talented program teacher and a gateway coordinator for a school-wide enrichment program.
"Mrs. Putney was selected from a field of highly qualified applicants and was also the first choice of a 13-member screening committee," Superintendent Nathan Greenberg said on Wednesday.
In addition to Greenberg, the screening committee included School Board representatives, the assistant superintendent and human resources director, an elementary principal, and several Matthew Thornton parents and teachers.
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 5
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief