Londonderry district hires Putney as new Matthew Thornton principal
On Wednesday, school officials announced the hiring of Sharon Putney. Putney will begin her principal duties July 1 following the retirement of longtime principal Carol Mack.
Mack, who worked in the district for more than 25 years, announced her retirement earlier this spring.
Putney is about to complete her fifth year as assistant principal at Thornton's Ferry Elementary School in Merrimack and is the reigning N.H. Elementary Assistant Principal of the Year.
Her education career began in 1982, and over the years she's worked as a general music and chorus teacher, a gifted and talented program teacher and a gateway coordinator for a school-wide enrichment program.
"Mrs. Putney was selected from a field of highly qualified applicants and was also the first choice of a 13-member screening committee," Superintendent Nathan Greenberg said on Wednesday.
In addition to Greenberg, the screening committee included School Board representatives, the assistant superintendent and human resources director, an elementary principal, and several Matthew Thornton parents and teachers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- DAV plans meeting - 0
- Carrabba's managers get down and dirty for a good cause - 0
- American Legion national commander to visit NH - 0
- Milford's World War II fallen honored Sunday - 0
- Suicide Prevention Week: NH expert focuses on veterans - 0
- Kuster talks health services with vets, advocates - 0
- Oldest active member of NH chapter of MOAA turns 100 - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Londonderry Post 27 will host events - 0
- Gov. Perry calls on vets, other Americans to restore country - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children