School fellowship key as 220 Pembroke grads receive diplomas
That was the message delivered by several speakers when 220 graduating seniors donned white and green caps and gowns and received their high school diplomas on Saturday.
Salutatorian Emily Blain noted that graduation is an important milestone for teens and that the graduates are wondering what's ahead for them.
In her valedictory address, Nicole Packard admitted that she didn't know one-fourth of the class. But she was sure all its members had grown as students and as individuals.
"Filled with its ups and downs, we have spent our high school years laughing together and crying together. And I think it's safe to say that we've enjoyed four years together as a class," Packard added.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 39
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383