October 01. 2013 1:13PM

Boyfriend says shooting victim was executed

New Hampshire Union Leader

Shooting victim Wendy Lawrence just turned 44, according to her boyfriend. 

Gary Boulac, left, the ex-husband of shooting victim Wendy Lawrence, listens while Lawrence's boyfriend, Charles Peter, speaks to reporters Tuesday afternoon. (Mark Hayward/New Hampshire Union Leader)

MANCHESTER — The boyfriend of the woman killed in a police shooting Monday night in the North End expressed dismay over her death.

Wendy Lawrence, who just turned 44, had left the Warner home of Charles Peter and was on her way to Concord late Monday afternoon.

The next Peter knew about her was when he saw her car— its windshield shattered by multiple police bullets — on the late-night news.

"They pretty much executed her," said a grieving Peter, who has dated Lawrence for 3 1/2 years.

"I spent four years in the Army. I was honorably discharged. I didn't serve my country to see people killed like this. What about shooting tires?" he said.

Peter said Lawrence was afraid of police, following a confrontation last year in Allenstown when she was beaten up.

She worked cleaning the Concord branch of Hesser College at night and ran her own business, Sweet Angel DJ and Karaoke. She ran in a tight circle of veterans, and her ex-husband — Gary Boulac — lives around the corner from where she was shot.

She has two grown children who live in Massachusetts and one grandchild.

Authorities have remained mum today about the shooting, which took place at the intersection of Dave Street and Kenard Road.

Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin said the victim will be officially identified once the autopsy is completed and relatives are notified. He said Manchester and state police are investigating the shooting.

Earlier today, police visited the home of Debbie Moldonado to make sure none of the bullets struck her home, which is about 200 feet behind Lawrence's car.

Moldonado said she heard one shot, followed by a pause and then several other shots. She said she heard nothing before the shooting.

"Usually the streets are really quiet; you can hear sirens. There were no sirens," she said.