'Our lost duck friends' remembered
"It is really sad that we lost these ducks," Keith Carlsen told a crowd of about a dozen people.
Carlsen, a political activist from Keene, organized the candlelight service to honor the five ducks that were run over Dec. 23 by a BMW driven by state Rep. David Campbell, D-Nashua.
While singing "Amazing Grace," those in attendance walked around the oval pond where the flock of ducks typically congregates, placing the candles in the snow.
"This is a scandal that is still in the making," he said.
Campbell should resign from his House position, according to John Babiarz, who noted that Nashua Police Commission Chairman Thomas Pappas has already stepped down for his involvement in the duck incident.
Campbell was charged with illegal taking of waterfowl and paid a fine of $620 for the violation, $75 in restitution and donated $695 to New Hampshire Audubon. He has repeatedly apologized for the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conway Voters Approve Budgets, Defeat Caps - 0
- Newport deliberative session deals with town salary, benefit increases - 0
- Peterborough deliberative session tonight talks money - 0
- Conway votes Tuesday on tax cap - 0
- Hooksett voters support town engineer, police contract - 0
- Budget, town engineer likely hot topics in Hooksett - 0
- Merrimack school budget committee's fate in voters' hands - 0
- Bow selectmen seek options after voters reject proposals to repair police, fire stations - 0
- Hollis voters reject school proposal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election