NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million
New Hampshire Motor Speedway founder Bob Bahre built this 16.5-acre estate on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee. Bahre has put the property on the market for $49 million. (DEB PORTER HAYES PHOTO)
An “infinity” swimming pool overlooks Lake Winnipesaukee outside one of the two mansions on the estate built by New Hampshire Motor Speedway founder Bob Bahre. (DEB PORTER HAYES)
This Alton property, built by New Hampshire Motor Speedway founder Bob Bahre, is listed for sale at $49 million. (DEB PORTER HAYES)
Realtors say it's by far the largest single residential listing in the state's history.
Reached at his Florida home Tuesday, Bahre said he loves the Granite State, but he no longer runs the speedway so he's ready to give up the Longview estate he had built 12 years ago. Before the 2008 racing season, the Bahre family sold the track to Speedway Motorsports for $340 million.
If the price is too high for buyers, "we'll keep the place," he said.
Here's what you get for $49 million:
The property, located on 16.56 acres at the tip of Clay Point on Lake Winnipesaukee, features two main homes with more than 60,000 square feet of living space, 1,594 feet of shoreline, an "infinity" pool, grotto, tennis court, ballroom, two boat houses, a post-and-beam barn residence, a tea house, and three one-bedroom apartments.
There is a cut-granite fireplace on one wall and French doors on the other three walls opening to stone patio on the lake.
According to town tax records, the assessment on 142 Hopewell is $7.5 million, while 144 Hopewell is assessed at $11.46 million. Together, those assessments would yield a total property tax bill of about $254,000 a year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Town councilor wants traffic light at English Range Road and Bypass 28 - 1
- Daughter of Korean Air boss goes ‘nuts’ over nuts - 0
- Exit 4A slowly moves forward - 0
- Momentum stalls for sales of hybrid vehicles - 0
- Volkswagen teases a hydrogen-powered Golf - 0
- Removal of 1907 Boscawen bridge less costly than planners expected - 1
- A trio of roundabouts looms a solution to Meredith’s seasonal traffic problem - 0
- Big potential, big subsidies projected in new rail study - 13
- Race to tie up Hampton Beach traffic Sunday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released