All Sections

Home | Crime

Two arrested in separate gun incidents at Manchester clubs

March 01. 2014 8:02PM

MANCHESTER - Police arrested two men in separate gun-related incidents downtown within a two-hour period.

Felipe Olinger, 29, of 485 Dubuque St. was charged with felony criminal threatening and reckless conduct in connection with an incident that occurred last week.

According to Sgt. Craig Rousseau, Olinger had been involved in a confrontation at the Social 24 club on Depot Street on Feb. 23. When a security guard attempted to remove him from the premises, Rousseau said, "he is alleged to have removed a small semiautomatic pistol from underneath his shirt and pointed it in the direction of the club employee."

Employees removed the man from the club, and he allegedly threatened "to come back and do some damage to the building with his gun," Rousseau said. The employees reported the incident to police.

Just before 11 p.m. on Friday, a police officer working a security detail at Drynk nightclub, 20 Old Granite St., noticed Olinger and called for backup, police said. He was arrested without incident.

Olinger was being held at Valley Street Jail on $10,000 cash or surety bail, pending arraignment on Monday.

About 12:40 a.m. on Saturday, Timothy O'Regan, 21, of 141 Second St. was charged with carrying a concealed firearm without a permit and drug possession, according to police.

Rousseau said a police officer in the area of 50 Old Granite Street noticed a group of about six men arguing and shoving each other. When the officer approached the group, O'Regan continued yelling at the others, he said.

"The officer began patting him down for weapons for his safety and everybody else's safety and found a handgun in his waistband," Rousseau said.

Police said they confirmed O'Regan did not have a permit, and he was arrested.

After his arrest, he was searched and police found a baggie of white powder in his coat, believed to be cocaine, Rousseau said.

O'Regan was charged with possession of a controlled narcotic in addition to the gun charge. He was released on $1,000 cash or surety bail.

Crime Manchester

More Headlines