Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Travolta app proof we can handle anything
Travolta, the actor, was on the Oscars show Sunday a week ago. He was to introduce a singer of one of the nominated film songs.
Truth to tell, if no one had called him on it, I wouldn't have caught the error. I knew there was a singer named Adele but the only Menzel I know of is "Mr. Football," Johnny Manziel.
Joe McQuaid becomes "Jude Mceezald" in Travolta-speak. Maggie Hassan is "Mollie Herdson." And the lyrical Carol Shea-Porter becomes "Campbell Stewaeert," which sounds like she could compete in the Highland Games.
Perhaps it was just a misplaced diaresis or umlaut.
My friend, John Harrigan, has been after us for years to place that specific punctuation over the "Coos" in our state edition's "From Coos to the Sea" tagline so it won't be mispronounced, John Travolta-style. Mission accomplished, Harrigan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
GOP for legal pot? Supporters of legalization rallying behind NH gubernatorial candidate Hemingway