Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Former Sen. Barnes back on Raymond Board of Selectmen
Ed French earned a three-year seat and a two-year seat on the budget committee and was also elected town treasurer, all by write-in votes. He received 175 write-in votes for the position of town treasurer, 22 for the three-year seat on the budget committee and 14 votes for the two-year seat.
Joshua S. Mann was also elected to a three-year seat with 647 votes. The committee will have to appoint the third open position as a result of a tie between write-in candidates West Coates and Auclair, who each received nine votes.
The town's total proposed operating budget of $7,842,014 passed by a vote of 557-328.
Voters rejected a proposal to re-open Carroll Lake Beach on the Lamprey River at a cost of $15,000 by a vote of 477-400. The Beach was closed in 2006.
Voters did pass a citizen's petition warrant article calling for a ban on smoking on recreational property, including Riverside Park, Cammett Field and the Town Common, by a vote of 557-321.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vermont rallies to top Swamp Bats - 0
- Red Sox' summer swoon continues as Jays finish sweep - 0
- Lawrence, Fisher Cats too much for Binghamton - 0
- Former Manchester teacher jailed for assaulting student, 6, with soap, pepper - 0
- Merrimack zoning officials deny AT&T cell tower request - 0
- Derry woman faces charges after nearly hitting Salem police officers - 0
- Upsets mark quarterfinal play in Red Ryan CYO golf - 0
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Derry woman arrested after police pursuit
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride