Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Fischer defeats Flattes in Derry Council race
Fischer garnered 227 votes to Flattes 140, according to election results.
It was the only contested council seat this year in an election with few contested races to draw the attention of voters.
In other races, Joshua Bourdon ran unopposed to win the at-large seat held previously by Brad Benson. Bourdon received 925 votes. Both council seats carry three-year terms.
In other contests, Margaret Ives ran unopposed to claim the town moderator post, receiving 1035 votes.
Results for the Derry Public Library Trustees race are as follows: Dorothy Wiley, with 564 votes; Lynne S. Mann, 489; Phyllis D. Howard, 412; Christina Mentus, 404; James Thomas, 379; and M. “Jackie” Dempsey, 283.
In the race for Trustee of the Trust Funds: Joel Olbricht, earned 610 votes to Kelly Mahony’s 477 votes.
Candidates for Supervisor of the Checklist, which carries a six-year term: Renee Routhier earned 720 votes to Janet Bhagat’s 346..
Vying for Supervisor of the Checklist, which carries a four–year term to fill a vacancy: Lorraine Routhier earned 561 votes to Peg Mullins' 491 votes.
And for the Trustee of the Taylor Public Library, Aimee Hunemann earned 809 votes to Edward Ciancio’s 735 votes.
For school board , incumbents Dan McKenna and Wendy Smith went unopposed to each win three-year terms. McKenna received 915 votes while Smith earned 848 votes.
And voters approved the Derry Cooperative School District budget of $80,539,896 for 2014-15 by a vote of 915 to 234.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 18
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents