Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Hollis voters set to gather for annual Town Meeting Wednesday
The meeting, which starts at 7 Wednesday night, will take place inside the gymnasium at Hollis/Brookline Cooperative High School.
The town would need to appropriate $18,000 next year for the initial lease payment. The item was supported by the Board of Selectmen and the Budget Committee.
Article 8 asks voters to approve spending $87,000 to reconstruct and pave the Hollis Fire Station parking lot.
Article 14 asks voters to approve a new three-year contract between the town and its Public Works employees.
Article 15, a one-year collective bargaining agreement between the town and its police and fire union, would cost the town $75,600 next year.
Article 17, a petitioned warrant article, asks voters to raise and appropriate $7,500 toward the construction of a new playground at Big Nichols Field and renovations to the existing playground at Little Nichols Field.
Selectmen voiced support for Article 17, although the Budget Committee did not.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 5
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 4
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama