Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Exeter approves bond for new wastewater treatment facility
EXETER – Nancy Belanger (999) and Ann L. Surman (947) came out on top on Tuesday in a five-way race for two seats on the board of selectmen, beating out Matt Quandt (941), Frank Ferraro (910) and Christina Hardy (162).
Voters approved a large number of warrant articles, including a $5 million bond for the engineering design of a wastewater treatment facility and main pump station. Voters also approved a $1.6 million bond for the replacement and rehabilitation of water mains and sewer lines on Lincoln Street from Front Street to Main Street, Daniel Street, Tremont Street and Winter Street.
Voters rejected a proposal to establish tax increment financing districts by a vote of 878-1024 and a proposal that would have allowed the board of selectmen to negotiate a long-term lease with Great Bay Kids Company on town-owned property on Hampton Road by a vote of 848-1353.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 17
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 1
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 12
Market Basket community waits and watches
Derry woman arrested after police pursuit
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride