Family-owned Hampton fuel business takes responsibility for Manchester diesel delivery mixup
Abenaqui Carriers posted a note on its website that tells customers of the Manchester Mart at 738 Hooksett Road what to do if their automobile was contaminated by gas or diesel purchased at the station after 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
During a Sunday afternoon delivery, diesel was placed in the regular gasoline storage tank, and gasoline was placed in the diesel tank, said Taif Nouri, manager of Manchester Mart and Gas. Nouri said he’s heard from about 20 customers so far and referred them to Abenaqui.
A spokesman for Abenaqui said a company investigation is underway into what happened on Sunday. He said the driver is a 12-year company employee with an exemplary record.
He said the company employs several safeguards. Drivers calculate tank volumes based on stick readings, which are taken before and after a delivery. Fill spouts are painted, but the paint can wear down, especially after a severe winter, Drummond said.
Manchester Mart resumed selling fuel Tuesday morning, Nouri said. Overnight, a cleaning company flushed out the storage and pumping equipment and replaced filters.
“They were cooperative. They understand what happened; it was a mistake,” he said.
On its website, Abenaqui asks Manchester Mart customers to fax the company the receipt of their fuel purchase. It said the automobile owners can make a claim through Abenaqui’s insurance carrier, Great West Casualty Co. The telephone number for Great West is 800-228-8602, and the claim number is H06245.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 7
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 18
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse