Claremont ATV rail trail use eyed
The issue was first raised at a forum last November at which public input was sought on the rail trail, said Conservation Commission Chairman Stephen Wood on Wednesday.
“We just felt very uncomfortable making decisions on managing the trails, a number of which were based on its current and active use of ATVs,” he said. “I don’t frankly know if it’s the Conservation Commission’s job to allow ATVs or not, but we want to get the best information we can on what previous agreements on that trail have said if anything about ATVs.”
The commission expects to hear back from both the city and state soon on the matter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Balsams project leader's vision includes big ideas, ambitious time frame - 2
- American Life in Poetry: 'The Kiss' - 0
- Tax prep program also helps Derry residents with financial advice - 0
- Nominations open for Salem Children's Champion Award - 0
- Cornucopia Project continues free film series - 0
- NH's 4,000-footers pose no challenge for Dusty - 0
- Londonderry Travel Plaza is open for business - 0
- Amherst race to honor fallen athlete - 0
- Just under 100 participate in Kiwanis ice fishing derby - 0
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
American Life in Poetry: 'The Kiss'