Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Two charged with shoplifting in Rochester
Carol Libby, 43, of 116 Washington St., was charged with willful concealment at Kmart in Rochester and contempt of court after being arrested around 1 p.m. Libby had been arrested the day before and was out on bail for the same offense at Wal-Mart in Rochester, police said.
In the more recent case, Libby was being held at Strafford County Jail on $500 cash bail. She is scheduled for arraignment Monday at the 7th Circuit — Rochester District Court.
Meanwhile, Rochester police, with assistance from Somersworth authorities, arrested John Mills, 20, of 11 Ringer Drive, Somersworth, for willful concealment at Wal-Mart in Rochester. That alleged shoplifting episode occurred Jan. 10, and police obtained an arrest warrant for Mills, police said.
His bail was set at $1,500 personal recognizance. He is slated for arraignment April 28 at the 7th Circuit — Rochester District Court.
"The Rochester police would like to remind the public that shoplifting will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and that accordingly RSA 637:3-a (g) states a person who has been twice convicted of shoplifting (637:3-a II) within a 36-month period shall be charged with a Class B felony," a police statement said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917