Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Convicted sex offender from NH charged with holding Vermont runaway
The 16-year-old girl from Kirby Vt., described by Vermont authorities as a runaway, was found with Matthew Keene, 23, of Stark, in Chowan County, N.C.
The girl had not been seen since Friday night.
Keene has been charged by Vermont authorities with second-degree unlawful restraint, and may face charges in Connecticut, alleging that he violated probation and that state's sex offender registry requirements.
According to the Connecticut state Sex Offender Registry, Keene was convicted in 2009 on charges of illegal sexual contact with a 12-year-old girl. He was released from prison in Connecticut in April, 2011.
Before the girl was found, police had issued a plea for assistance locating a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt with New Hampshire license tags that Keene was believed to be driving.
Keene is being held in Chowan County pending extradition to Vermont, and possibly Connecticut, to face charges. Chowan County is in the northeast section of North Carolina.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge OKs early release for former teacher convicted of possessing child porn - 0
- Nashua man indicted for allegedly shooting girlfriend - 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed for fourth time - 0
- Manchester couple faces robbery, theft charges after Salem mall incident - 0
- Chainsaw-wielding man facing multiple charges over Sept. incident - 0
- Woman faces assault charge after Monopoly game gets out of hand - 15
- Plea deal gives shooter 15-30 years in 2012 death of Manchester man - 0
- Missouri governor urges calm ahead of grand jury decision on shooting; findings to be announced at 9 p.m. - 0
- Two Manchester brothers indicted in Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 1
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483