Home » News » Public Safety
Rain, slick roads make for slow NH commute
Beginning around 3:30 a.m., state police reported snow and freezing rain made for icy roads on I-89, continuing through the morning commute.
Several minor crashes happened on Interstates 89, 95 and 101. One state police cruiser was hit on I-89, near exit 14, where a crash between a tractor-trailer and a car was being investigated by another officer. No one was injured, although the cruiser had minor damage.
Temperatures hovered just above freezing and with falling rain, it made for slick roads. Five hours after state police first reported icing on I-89, traffic was backed up in Windham and Londonderry along I-93.
Both the weather and the commute were to blame, according to a state Department of Transportation Traffic Management Center spokesman in Concord.
There were a "lot of little accidents," she said but nothing major. Highway crews ware out treating the state roads.
Rain is expected to taper off as the day goes on.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings