Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester detective assigned full-time to federal fugitive task force
U.S. Marshal David Cargill Jr. and Manchester Police Chief David Mara, in a joint news release, said Manchester has been involved in the task force on a part-time basis since its inception in 2002.
"Being that Manchester is the largest city in the state of New Hampshire, the Marshals Fugitive Task Force has had a long-time presence in the city, but this enhanced effort will increase the presence of the task force in Manchester resulting in a more significant number of wanted fugitives being arrested," said Cargill.
Manchester, the state's largest city, also produces a large amount of felony warrants, according to the law enforcement officials.
"Combining our resources and manpower will assist in the reduction of outstanding warrants and reduce the amount of wanted felons on the streets of Manchester resulting in even safer streets," said Mara. "We want those criminals hiding out in the Queen City to know that we are coming for them. This initiative enhances and expands our long-time partnership with the U.S. Marshals."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 4
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 19
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll