Home » News » Public Safety
Man ejected in crash between car, tractor-trailer on I-93
Matthew Davis, 25, is in serious, but stable condition at the Elliot Hospital where he was taken Thursday morning for treatment of injuries he sustained.
He was ejected from his 1998 Jeep Wrangler and thrown into a jersey barrier separating the north and south lanes of the highway. State police said Davis told investigators he ran out of gas and was unable to push the Jeep off the road.
Davis was given first aid by Trooper Nathan Johnston and another person before Manchester Fire Department rescue crews arrived on scene.
The crash happened just after 12:30 a.m., north of the exit 6 off ramp.
Wesley Basler, 56, of Richford, Vt. was operating the tractor-trailer that rear-ended Davis' Jeep, according to state police. Basler also was taken by ambulance to the hospital for treatment of injuries he suffered in the collision.
Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors in the crash at this time, state police said.
Several lanes of I-93 were shut down for about four hours while the crash was investigated and the wreckage removed.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police dispatch at 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw